From 24th to 28th of February 2016, German Model United Nations returns to the beautiful city of Weimar to uphold its longstanding tradition as one of the most professionally organized conferences of its kind. In rules and philosophy, GerMUN 2016 follows the example of NMUN NY and the educational mission for which it stands. GerMUN 2016 will yet again bring together university students from various German Model UN groups that have a longstanding NMUN tradition.
The conference will be held at the venue of the Europäische Jugendbildungs- und Jugendbegegnungsstätte Weimar. With its elegant conference rooms and the backdrop of the historically and culturally rich city of Weimar, the EJBW is the ideal location for a professional and diplomatic Model UN conference. The conference will be organized by experienced members of the NMUN group of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich and other selected staff members.
General Assembly (Background Guide, Rules of Procedure)
1. Advancing Nuclear Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (Draft Resolutions)
2. Protection of the Human Rights of Migrants
3. Renewable and Alternative Energy Sources and Sustainable Development
1. The Situation in the Middle East (Yemen)
2. The Situation in Sudan (Darfur) (Draft Resolutions)
3. Women, Peace and Security