At GerMUN 2022, three committees will be simulated. As is tradition, the General Assembly and the Security Council will be part of GerMUN 2022. To allow for a reduced number of people per room mindful of the current situation, a third committee will constitute the Human Rights Council.
The Background Guides will soon be available on the Resources page.
GerMUN 2022 will feature the following topics for the different committees:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY TOPICS
- Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs) for Sustainable Economic and Financial Development
- Disaster Risk Reduction
SECURITY COUNCIL TOPICS
- Impact of COVID-19 on Peace and Security
- Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflicts
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL TOPICS
- Combatting Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia, and Related Intolerance
- Business and Human Rights
Below you can find the Member States, yet to be assigned.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY COUNTRY LIST:
- All Member States of the General Assembly in 2022. See the following for further information.
SECURITY COUNCIL COUNTRY LIST:
- Permanent Members: China, France, Russia, UK, USA.
- Non-Permanent Members: Albania, Brazil, Gabon, Ghana, UAE, India, Ireland, Kenya, Mexico, Norway.
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL COUNTRY LIST:
- Africa: Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Senegal, Sudan, Benin, Cameroon, Eritrea, Gambia, Somalia.
- Asia and Pacific: China, Indonesia, Japan, Marshall Islands, Nepal, Pakistan, Rep. of Korea, Uzbekistan, India, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Qatar, UAE.
- Latin America and Caribbean: Brazil Bolivia, Cuba, Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Honduras, Paraguay.
- Eastern Europe: Armenia, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Montenegro.
- Western Europe and Others: France, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Finland, Luxembourg, USA.